Friday, May 25, 2012

Pre-Deployment

Well, the time is getting closer and closer. I will be leaving for Afghanistan soon. With such little time to think about it and even less time to pack, the nerves aren't quite kickin in quite yet. Im sure, that once we are en route to our FOB (with all combat gear on), the nerves will kick in very quickly. 


SRPed again on tuesday. Got the smallpox vaccine and second anthrax. Sooo, my right arm barely works and the left one itches like crazy. So awesome to have to deal with this so close to deployment. The Army is a little short notice. 


I am not 100% sure that I will have internet while I am over there. Hell, I don't even know how often we will get a phone call, but I can't imagine it would be too long before I got one of the two. 


These next 9 months are sure to prove if I want to continue my Army career. I am definitely dreading the time difference (9.5 hrs), but adjustment will come with time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment