Sunday, March 20, 2011

Blahhh

Finally took my stubborn butt to an Urgent Care place called Doctors Express (since I don't have a PCP here). They were quick, business like and to the point. I have bronchitis. Figures. He gave me a Z-Pack and some Cheratussin AC and sent me on my way. Puts a damper on my PT for a bit because I can barely breathe sitting here, yet alone running 4 miles. Been doing a lot of ab work. Better than nothing. 
While I was out getting the prescriptions filled, picked up a book. 
Almost halfway through it, and absolutely loving it. The main character, Carrie McGavock, is a lady who's house became a field hospital during the Battle of Franklin on Nov 30, 1864. It was 5 of the bloodiest hours in the Civil War. Her plantation also served as a cemetery for nearly 1,500 soldiers that lost their lives fighting. As she is helping two doctors care for more than 2,000 soldiers, a passion is growing for a wounded soldier named Zacharia Cashwell, a louie for the Confederates. The story is told by many different views, both the rebel and union side and through the eyes of the civilians watching this terrible all-consuming war.
Guess we will see how that plays out. Here's to feeling better quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment